Run-Down of 1950-1994 - Jim Weber
From Jim Weber, by way of Bill Kaufman:
Some photos (including the 1953-54 Med Cruise Xmas card) are in the mail to you and here is a
run-down of 'some' of my past and 'some' of my present.
- 21 Sep 1950 = Entered the Navy
- 30 Dec 1950 - 9 Oct 1953 = USS Coral Sea (CVB-43)
- 10 Oct 1953 - 28 May 1954 = USS Bennington (CVB-20)
- 28 May 1954 - 15 Aug 1956 = FasRon 2, Quonset Pt., RI
- 1 Sep 1956 - 20 Mar 1958 = PatRon 26, Brunswick, ME
- 1 Jun 1958 - 30 May 1960 = FICLEM, Port Lyautey, Morocco
- 16 Jun 1960 - 31 Aug 1961 = ComFlaGru, Green Cove Springs, FL
- 17 Sep 1961 - 31 Jul 1964 = LantIntCen, Norfolk, VA
- 12 Aug 1964 - 15 Feb 1965 = NATTU, Penscola, FL
- 12 Mar 1965 - 25 Mar 1968 = USNAS Gtmo Bay, Cuba
- 26 Apr 1968 - 31 May 1972 = NAS Norfolk, VA
- 31 May 1972 = Fleet Reserve
- 1972 - 1974 = Horticulture student at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens
(Note: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't lead a hor to culture.)
- 1974 - 1976 = Garden Center Manager, Newport News, VA
- 1976 - 1978 = Gardener Foreman at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens
- 1978 - 1987 = Horticulturist for the City of Virginia Beach
- 1987 - 1994 = Landscape Inspector for the City of Virginia Beach
- 1 Apr 1994 = Retired again
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to e-mail me.
- I'm on the Board of Directors for my Property Owners Association (have been for the last 15 years)
- I'm a member of the Chesapeake Library Board, the 16th best library system among cities of
over 100,000 population. FYI: http://www.chesapeake.lib.va.us/
- I'm Secretary of the Virginia Beach Chapter of the National Association of Naval Photographers.
FYI: http://www.navyphoto.org/ & email@example.com for NANP Membership List and other NANP news.
- I'm a Colonel and past Finance Officer (3 year tour) of the Old Dominion Squadron, part of the
Confederate Air Force. We have 3 planes- Lockeed Lodestar (C-60), Stinson (L-5) Sentinel and a
GM (FM-2) Wildcat which is painted in the colors of Butch O'Hare's WWII plane.
FYI: http://www.avdigest.com/caf/caf.html & http://www.avdigest.com/aahm/aahm.html
- My Wife "Bev" and I volunteer with Operation Smile. Along with a volunteer crew we
build "Smile Bags " for the Children who under go surgery for facial defects.
- Lastly I'm involved with Internet Business Development. What promises to be the most unique
virtual Shopping Mall in North America when it opens on 1 September 1999.
Check it out - FYI: http://www.countdown9199.com & http://www.quixtar.com
Site Created By: