Captain Boynton Lewis Braun
From 1945 June 30 to 1946 July 08
- 19 August 1936
- Lieutenant Boynton L. Braun, pilot and ACOM - W.B. Marvelle
completed test bombing against the submarine R-8 off the Virginia Capes.
Flying a T4M-1 at an altitude of 2,500 feet,
they dropped twelve 100-pound bombs in a 2-day period and obtained four
near-misses with a cumulative effect which caused the submarine to sink.
- From 05 October 1943 to 31 August 1944
- Commanding Officer USS Manila Bay CVE-61 - Capt. Boynton Lewis Braun
- From 30 June 1945 to 08 November 1946
- Commanding Officer USS Bennington CV-20 - Capt. Boynton Lewis Braun
- Boynton L. Braun, USNA 1921 died on 11/6/1980 in King George, Virginia
Site Created By: